Saturday, July 19, 2008

Adventures in Organic Coffee

Coffee: Rainforest Alliance Peru Organic
Rating: @@@@@
Found: Casa Acoreana & Luis Coffee Stop, Kensington Market

Took the day off yesterday and went down to Kensington Market in the afternoon on a search for, among other things, some organic coffee. My favourite place is Casa Acoreana & Luis Coffee Stop, the spice and candy and coffee store at 235 Augusta Avenue (right on the corner).
View Larger Map

Day 1 in my quest for good organic coffee starts me off today with the Rainforest Alliance Peru Organic blend. I believe it's also a Fair Trade coffee.

Yum. I'm definitely liking this.

The flavour is light (it's definitely not an espresso type blend) and rich, with a slightly sweet roasted aftertaste. It's a great morning coffee. Not as harsh as a much darker roast on an empty stomach, and very very smooth.

For context, I also take my coffee with organic rice milk (Presidents Choice Organics or YU brand) and organic sugar. We use a metal filter in a Cuisinart stainless steel drip coffee maker.

No comments: